Pokémon Go takes the modern path to success. They enabled their users. What is it that has led it to become the most downloaded game in the app store with over 5% of worldwide users on android installing it in the first 2 weeks? The marketing model. When we look at competing games in the app…
I sure do hate link bait posts like “top 5 ways you to get the job!” or “7 gifts every girl will love every time!”. This type of social media bait is the scourge of LinkedIn and similar platforms. In the world of Twitter there are more people than ever are “doing it wrong”. Today every person with an iPhone thinks they are a social media marketing expert. For those who aspire to be “slightly better” based on facts and don’t use CAPS LOCK, here are some real tips for Twitter. You can also get a headset for PC to video chat with someone.
15 things to consider before you waste another 140 characters.
- “Tweets 71-100 characters in length receive the most retweets.” – Track Social
- “Tweets with more than 100 characters receive 17% less engagement than tweets with between 70 and 100 characters.” – SalesforceMarketingCloud
- “In Twitter, an image adds an average of 35% more engagement than a tweet without an image.” – Twitter Blog
- “bit.ly URLs are most retweeted. Over 15X more likely to be retweeted than the second-best tinyURL. I analyzed 30M+ Retweets and compared to over 2M random Tweets to find the most Retweetable.” – Dan Zarella/Hubspot
- “In a random sample of normal Tweets, 18.96% contained a link. 3 times that many ReTweets (56.69%) included a link.” – Dan Zarella/Hubspot
- “Tweets with more then three hashtags have much lower engagement and click through rates than those with fewer than three.” – Julie Blakley/Postano
- “Time of day has near-zero impact on your chances of getting at least one Retweet of your tweet.” – Eric Enge/Stone Temple Consulting
- “In Twitter, a Tweet with an image gets an average of 35% more engagement than a Tweet without an image.” – Twitter Blog
- “Place links (URLs) about 25% of the way through (the tweet).” – Dan Zarella/Hubspot
- “1 – 2 hashtags at the end of a tweet score more engagement than when mixed in the tweet.”
- “Categorical searches are not as popular as you might think. Piggybacking on an already-trending hashtag is also important.” – Kathrina Tiangco/AudienceBloom
- Action words drive positive actions in Twitter. “After analyzing 200,000 link-containing tweets, I found that tweets with more adverbs/verbs had highter click-through-rates than noun and adjective-heavy tweets.” – Dan Zarella/Hubspot
- “Quotes get a 19% boost in Retweets.” – Simon Rogers/Twitter
- “Tweets over 125 characters have the least retweetability. When accounting for your account name in the character-count of a retweet, there’s little/no possibility for the retweeter to be retweeted.” – Saul Fleischman
- ”Follow me @toddkron” – Todd Kron
Todd Kron of Sellaholics is a veteran of Analytics, PPC, Display, video, UX, conversion optimization, affiliate programs, web design and web programming since 2002. My background includes affiliate sales to 6 figures, director of a web design agency, and currently the digital manager for a leading energy company located in Huntersville, NC. From search to sale 1000 different ways is my background. Sellaholics is a Google Partner Agency.
Let’s Sell Your Stuff
No free e-books, just you selling more stuff.
Recent Project – Video Production
— July 12, 2016
— April 22, 2016
If you have been involved in any sort of paid social media campaign building then you know about the pesky Instagram and Facebook 20% rule. Facebook will reject any ads that use over 20% of the image for text. Now the pesky part is that this is determined by a grid system in which any…
— January 5, 2016
I sure do hate link bait posts like “top 5 ways you to get the job!” or “7 gifts every girl will love every time!”. This type of social media bait is the scourge of LinkedIn and similar platforms. In the world of Twitter there are more people than ever are “doing it wrong”. Today…
PPC, Digital & Search Marketing Stories
Looking for ways to track a cell phone? How to track by the GPS on a phone? If the user has Gmail on their phone or anything that uses a Gmail account like YouTube (which 99% of phones use), then you an most likely see exactly where the phone was and the exact time it…
I decided to see what news is out there from the latest Google Penguin 3.0 news updates of the past week. I began with Aaron Wall’s blog because Aaron is much more “tell it like it is” than most other “reputable” sources online. I have always found Aaron’s views to be very similar to my…
What is your customer’s emotional state? This is something to consider when you develop your ads and compare them in terms of effectiveness. In the market I currently work there is a roller coaster of pricing. Pricing on energy is something that has real emotional impact on moms and dads as they make their monthly…
As an E-Commerce site owner, you’d like your users to be able to find the product they’re looking for as quickly as possible. In order to help them out, you put Filters in your categories. You may also be tagging campaigns with elements in the URL that could be perceived as different links to the…
In the spirit of the legendary read by Usability Expert Engineer Steve Krug I will keep this discussion short and easy for web visitors to scan. I will write in such a way that your eyes will reach the outcome that you came here for. This is a 5 star must read book for anyone…
Sure you have a mobile friendly website, but is you conversion goal mobile friendly? Responsive website? how about a responsive conversion goal? We can all agree that scaling down your mobile site is a good idea. You want to design for big fat fingers and make the most important aspect of your site most prominent….
Currently I am in the process of vetting a chat solution for our organization. Our organizational need will be about 4 operators to include customer service and some escalations regarding sales and business accounts. So we will have 2-3 groups, a handful of operators and lots of interaction with site visitors that have reach some…
Reading a very old MOZ post on eye tracking studies regarding pizza searches, I felt like I was seeing some conclusions that got glossed over or left out. Much of the eye tracking opinion surrounded the visuals on the page and what appears draw the human eye by how it contrasts to the page itself….