Pokémon Go takes the modern path to success. They enabled their users. What is it that has led it to become the most downloaded game in the app store with over 5% of worldwide users on android installing it in the first 2 weeks? The marketing model. When we look at competing games in the app…
I sure do hate link bait posts like “top 5 ways you to get the job!” or “7 gifts every girl will love every time!”. This type of social media bait is the scourge of LinkedIn and similar platforms. In the world of Twitter there are more people than ever are “doing it wrong”. Today every person with an iPhone thinks they are a social media marketing expert. For those who aspire to be “slightly better” based on facts and don’t use CAPS LOCK, here are some real tips for Twitter. You can also get a headset for PC to video chat with someone.
15 things to consider before you waste another 140 characters.
- “Tweets 71-100 characters in length receive the most retweets.” – Track Social
- “Tweets with more than 100 characters receive 17% less engagement than tweets with between 70 and 100 characters.” – SalesforceMarketingCloud
- “In Twitter, an image adds an average of 35% more engagement than a tweet without an image.” – Twitter Blog
- “bit.ly URLs are most retweeted. Over 15X more likely to be retweeted than the second-best tinyURL. I analyzed 30M+ Retweets and compared to over 2M random Tweets to find the most Retweetable.” – Dan Zarella/Hubspot
- “In a random sample of normal Tweets, 18.96% contained a link. 3 times that many ReTweets (56.69%) included a link.” – Dan Zarella/Hubspot
- “Tweets with more then three hashtags have much lower engagement and click through rates than those with fewer than three.” – Julie Blakley/Postano
- “Time of day has near-zero impact on your chances of getting at least one Retweet of your tweet.” – Eric Enge/Stone Temple Consulting
- “In Twitter, a Tweet with an image gets an average of 35% more engagement than a Tweet without an image.” – Twitter Blog
- “Place links (URLs) about 25% of the way through (the tweet).” – Dan Zarella/Hubspot
- “1 – 2 hashtags at the end of a tweet score more engagement than when mixed in the tweet.”
- “Categorical searches are not as popular as you might think. Piggybacking on an already-trending hashtag is also important.” – Kathrina Tiangco/AudienceBloom
- Action words drive positive actions in Twitter. “After analyzing 200,000 link-containing tweets, I found that tweets with more adverbs/verbs had highter click-through-rates than noun and adjective-heavy tweets.” – Dan Zarella/Hubspot
- “Quotes get a 19% boost in Retweets.” – Simon Rogers/Twitter
- “Tweets over 125 characters have the least retweetability. When accounting for your account name in the character-count of a retweet, there’s little/no possibility for the retweeter to be retweeted.” – Saul Fleischman
- ”Follow me @toddkron” – Todd Kron
Todd Kron of Sellaholics is a veteran of Analytics, PPC, Display, video, UX, conversion optimization, affiliate programs, web design and web programming since 2002. My background includes affiliate sales to 6 figures, director of a web design agency, and currently the digital manager for a leading energy company located in Huntersville, NC. From search to sale 1000 different ways is my background. Sellaholics is a Google Partner Agency.
Let’s Sell Your Stuff
No free e-books, just you selling more stuff.
Must Read Hot Links
— July 12, 2016
— April 22, 2016
If you have been involved in any sort of paid social media campaign building then you know about the pesky Instagram and Facebook 20% rule. Facebook will reject any ads that use over 20% of the image for text. Now the pesky part is that this is determined by a grid system in which any…
— January 5, 2016
I sure do hate link bait posts like “top 5 ways you to get the job!” or “7 gifts every girl will love every time!”. This type of social media bait is the scourge of LinkedIn and similar platforms. In the world of Twitter there are more people than ever are “doing it wrong”. Today…
PPC, Digital & Search Marketing Stories
Google announces customer match and if you know online marketing then you know this is a game changer. We have all heard “next big thing” talk about every little marketing product before, but this a huge tool and a huge step forward in targeting. Funny thing is that Facebook has been doing it for years….
Found some old documents on my PC about things to consider when looking at your conversion rates for e-commerce stores. When looking at all the things that lose you conversions by failing to address conversion optimization on your website here is some things to have in mind when looking at your website and trying to…
In the spirit of the legendary read by Usability Expert Engineer Steve Krug I will keep this discussion short and easy for web visitors to scan. I will write in such a way that your eyes will reach the outcome that you came here for. This is a 5 star must read book for anyone…
Looking for ways to track a cell phone? How to track by the GPS on a phone? If the user has Gmail on their phone or anything that uses a Gmail account like YouTube (which 99% of phones use), then you an most likely see exactly where the phone was and the exact time it…
Reading a very old MOZ post on eye tracking studies regarding pizza searches, I felt like I was seeing some conclusions that got glossed over or left out. Much of the eye tracking opinion surrounded the visuals on the page and what appears draw the human eye by how it contrasts to the page itself….
If anyone looked at the bottom of this blog they would see the shiny new Google Partner Agency badge I am sporting. While I have always made a point of holding whatever certification our industry has offered as a point of principle, the agency partner is the newest and most important. To achieve the new…
Next up in the toolbox of Google Partner Certification Exams is the new Google Shopping Ads Exam. The Google Shopping advanced certification exam tests your knowledge of how to set up and run a Google Shopping campaign using both Merchant Center and AdWords. When you pass the exam, you’ll get a personalized, printable certificate and…
Why run ads that point to someone else’s website? “When you do something right people won’t know you did anything at all.” I have always preached that the best plan in advertising online is to not look like it was your plan. You want to predict your target audience and then have a compelling argument…